The Applied Economics Clinic is a 501(c)(3) non-profit consulting group housed at Tufts University's Global Development and Environment Institute.
Founded in 2017, the Clinic provides expert testimony, analysis, modeling, policy briefs, and reports for public interest groups on the topics of energy, environment, consumer protection, and equity, while providing on-the-job training to a new generation of technical experts.
1. Provide low cost and (when we receive foundation grants) pro bono expert services to public interest groups on the topics of energy, environment, consumer protection, and equity.
2. Train the next generation of expert technical witnesses and analysts by providing applied, on-the-job learning experiences to graduate students in related fields.
3. Work proactively to support and promote diversity in the fields of economics, engineering, math and sciences.
The Applied Economics Clinic is a non-profit organization. We receive funding from two sources:
1. Public Interest Clients: We provide services to public interest clients for low hourly rates. We do our best to keep our rates low by seeking grants and having very low overhead expenses.
2. Foundations: We seek out foundation grants both for general support and to support specific projects. Our ability to do pro bono work depends on foundation grants.